This information is for students who were accepted in our 2020-21 Lottery. If you are interested in applying to The GLOBE Academy please visit the How to Apply section of our website.
Registration of New Students
We have decided to extend the deadline for enrollment paperwork. Please DO NOT bring your paperwork to the school for enrollment. Once we have a new deadline, we will communicate this ASAP.
After the admissions lottery, families have 7 days to accept or decline enrollment. We send updated information about new deadlines for paperwork.
Registration for students includes the following documents:
- 2020-21 Intent to Enroll Form be sure to print, complete, and bring this form with you
- Original or state-certified copy of child’s birth certificate OR other acceptable proof of age. Color copies will be made here at school. Do not make your own copies.
- Child’s Social Security Card OR Social Security waiver
- Parent’s driver’s license or other government issued photo ID
- Proof of residency – Documentation providing proof of residency within the DeKalb County School District attendance zone are required. Proof of residency may be establish with the following documents. (No other documents will be accepted.):
- Current mortgage statement (No more than 30 days old)
- Current utility bill Gas, water, or electric only. We cannot accept phone or cable bills).
- In the case of a Lease, provide the following:
- (i) Current lease
- (ii) Current utility bill – gas, water or electric ONLY
* If parent/guardian is not the homeowner/lessee, they can submit an Affidavit of Residence.
- Georgia Immunization (Form 3231) – must be marked “Complete for K-6th Grade Attendance”
- Vision, Hearing, Dental, Nutrition Health Form (DPH Form 3300) – all four sections must be completed
- Students who used a preference category in the lottery (sibling of enrolled student, child of full-time staff or Board member, or economically disadvantaged) must provide additional documentation to support this preference category.
- Economically Disadvantaged, click here. These documents are due with all enrollment paperwork. They can be:
- brought in during enrollment in a sealed envelope
- emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- mailed directly to Nutrition Director, 2225 Heritage Dr. NE Atlanta, GA 30345
Students entering 4th-6th grade must submit documentation from their current school stating that they have been promoted to the next grade level. This documentation can be submitted over the summer.
Enrollment in The GLOBE Academy is only guaranteed once and if all required documentation is received by the enrollment deadline. NO EXCEPTIONS.