- If you were selected:
- Congratulations Lottery Winners! You will receive an Acceptance Packet from The School Choice Office from DeKalb County Schools, via USPS mail during the week following the Lottery.
- You will have until April 17, 2015 to turn in or mail your Acceptance Form to GLOBE. If mailed, the Acceptance Letter must be postmarked by April 17, 2015.
- If you do not return your Acceptance Letter by April 17, 2015 we will understand you are declining your spot, and we will offer it to the next person on the waitlist.
- The GLOBE Academy will host an Informational Session for NEW families on April 14, 2015 at 7PM.
- If you were not selected and are on the waitlist:
- Please check the e-portal periodically to check on your status.
- If your place is reached, you will receive a call and an email with the Acceptance Packet from GLOBE offering you the available spot. You will have 48 hours to respond. If there is no response from you after that time period, we will assume you are declining the spot, and we will keep moving down the waitlist.
For the 2015-2016 academic year, The GLOBE Academy Charter School is open to all students in kindergarten through fifth grade who have been placed here through the School Choice Lottery. All students must reside in the DeKalb County School District.
The School Choice Lottery is managed by The Magnet & Theme School Office of DeKalb Schools. The lottery for The GLOBE Academy Charter School was held on March 25, 2015.
For more information go to the School Choice Program Open Enrollment Flyer.
For questions about how to apply for placement on the GLOBE wait list since you are enrolling AFTER the lottery, please contact the Office of School Choice at (678) 676-0035.